early Childhood Educator
345 Middlefield Rd, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Bring your talents and energies to work as a staff member in a renowned, nationally-accredited childcare center. GeoKids is a parent cooperative, dedicated to building alliance between parents, children, and caregivers. GeoKids is a play-based, Reggio Emilia inspired childcare program for children ages 3 months to 5 years.
Qualified candidates will have a degree in Early Childhood Education or related field, with 1 or more years working in Early Childhood. Experience with infants and toddlers is a plus. Familiarity with the philosophies of the schools of Reggio Emilia is preferred, and a willingness to study more is required.
Candidates also with have the ability to:
* Demonstrate an understanding of the developmental stages and needs of young children and support them in a gentle and nurturing manner;
* Participate as a member of our community and teaching team in which collaboration, dialogue, and exchange are practiced values;
* Possess the knowledge, understanding, and successful execution of learning strategies, which support all students in learning to use their minds well;
* Learn the technology required to document the experiences of children and adults as well as support the documentation of student/classroom experiences;
* Value parents as important partners in the work of the school by maintaining frequent contact and have the ability to work with them in the classroom;
* Bring a willingness to learn and grow with other members of the school community by participating in staff development opportunities